Thursday, March 4, 2010

Home Away from Home

Tuesday was the best show I've had in Nashville thus far. We played to the fullest room yet, and the band sounded great. It was the first show with Ethan as utility man, switching between guitar, baritone guitar and lap steel. Here's a few clips from the night. My buddy Lonnie from Seattle was in town for a business trip and made it out, so it was great to play for someone from back home.


"Across the River" from I'm Gonna Live The Life I Sing About In My Song


"Idle Hands" from Shouting At A Silent Sky


"Ain't No Grave" from Hey Lazarus!

So it turns out the 5 Spot is my latest "home away from home." After playing our second show at the 5 spot in less than a month, l was pleasantly surprised to find an email waiting for me at home asking us to play the 5 Spot again this Friday (tomorrow)! We are opening up for Jacob Jones (who really impressed me when I saw him at Dino's a couple weeks ago) and GhostFinger. It's a sort of "East Nashville Neighborhood Party" so it's great to be included, and with our first Friday night show, it should help establish us a bit more around town.

Joey Sanchez won't be able to do this last minute gig, but we are lucky enough to be joined by our good friend Aaron Tosti on drums. Aaron, or as he's more frequently known as Skwid, played my first show in Nashville with me back in June 2008 before my brother joined me for our Traveling Mercies southern tour. Looking forward to playing with him again. I'll let you know how it goes (or if you're in town, join us)!

No comments:

Post a Comment