Saturday, March 6, 2010

Recapitated


Last night was a break-through. Not that our first weekend show in Nashville was an overwhelming success. Given the last-minuteness of the show, and GhostFinger cancelling, there was not a large turn-out, but it might have been my favorite show so far. Having a stripped-down power trio last night - with Nathan Thomas on bass, and Aaron Tosti on drums - I felt more free to crank up the guitar and get a bit rowdy. At rehearsal before the show, Tosti reminded me of how wild those Traveling Mercies shows were back in the Spring of '08 when I first came to Nashville. It spurned me on to get a little sweatier. While my songs are my pride and joy, I feel a renewed commitment to putting on a real show.

It was also great getting a chance to talk with local songwriter Derek Hoke. After Jacob Jones finished his set (which was great, by the way), Derek and I chatted til the bar closed. We've already made plans to get together soon to write a tune together. How Nashville!




Although we didn't get any video last night, you can really feel the energy in these photos Meagan took.

After we played, I snapped a few photos. Here's Jacob Jones soaking in the spotlight, and we have Aaron Tosti and Nathan Thomas looking at something really cool on Nathan's phone.




I'm gonna try to make this blog more than just show reviews in the future, but I've been lucky enough to be pretty busy lately. I promise to make more quality time with you, girl.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you'd say that, and an email is on its mary way.

    ReplyDelete